Battery-powered e-bikes and e-scooters now permitted on 世界杯比赛买球
Battery-powered e-bikes and e-scooters are now permitted on the bike racks on the front of 世界杯比赛买球 buses, or onboard light rail and commuter rail trains, subject to restrictions. Gasoline-powered vehicles remain prohibited.
Bikes on Rail
When boarding light rail with your bike, battery-powered e-bike, or e-scooter, please allow other passengers to exit or board before loading. If the vehicle is full, wait for the next available train. You may be asked to de-board for a dirty or muddy bike, or due to overcrowding.
Bicycles, battery-powered e-bikes, and e-scooters must never block aisles or emergency exits and cannot be larger than 80 inches x 40 inches.
Bikes on Light Rail Vehicles
To provide a safe experience for all customers, light rail vehicles have two bike zones that can accommodate traditional bikes, battery-powered e-bikes and e-scooters. Customers cannot leave their bicycles unattended while riding the train. Only two bikes are allowed at each boarding area and in each bike zone.
- Look for the bike symbol on the platform to ensure safe boarding at designated bike loading areas. Bikes are prohibited in the area directly behind the train operator in the first car.
- Locate Bike Zone A and Bike Zone B on board the light rail vehicle. If Bike Zone B is unoccupied, proceed to the open space and sit or stand with your bike. If full, stand in Bike Zone A with your bike.
- If both areas are full, please wait for the next train.
Bikes on Commuter Rail Vehicles
All commuter rail vehicles have level boarding so you can easily roll your bike, battery-powered e-bike, or e-scooter on and off the cars. Vertical racks allow you to sit while your bike is stored safely for the ride.
- Locate the vertical bike storage. If the bike racks are full, please wait for the next available vehicle.
- Secure your bike with the provided elastic straps and ratchet straps when using the vertical racks.
- Take a seat after securing your bike. Please keep the doors, aisles and emergency exits clear at all times.
Bikes on Buses
Bikes are not allowed inside 世界杯比赛买球 buses at any time. All buses are equipped with bike racks on the front of the bus, except for the 16th Street Free MallRide. Our easy-to-use bike racks can hold two bicycles, battery-powered e-bikes, or e-scooters. Our bike racks can hold adult and child bikes and can accommodate bikes up to 55 lbs with tires up to 2.3 inches in width. 世界杯比赛买球 is not responsible for lost or stolen bikes or damage to bikes due to improper loading.
How to Use Bus Bike Racks
- Signal bus operator to let them know you have a bike to load.
- Release the rack by squeezing the center handle and slowly lower it down.
- Place front wheel on side labeled “front wheel.”
- 把支架臂 up and out and hook the arm securely over the top of the front wheel closest to the fork.
- Watch your bike from a seat near the front to ensure the bike's safety.
- Exit at the front door and tell the driver you are removing your bike.
- If you are the last person to unload your bike, return rack to its upright position.
- If the bicycle rack is full the bus operator will determine if your bike can be loaded in luggage bins on Regional and SkyRide buses.
Rules for Bikes on the Bus
- Bikes can be loaded at all bus stops except those marked “Non-bicycle stop.”
- You must be able to lift the bike and place it on the rack yourself.
- You may not lock your bicycle to the rack on the front of a bus.
Tips for Bikes on Flatiron Flyer, Regional and SkyRide Buses
- Always allow the bus operator to open and close the baggage bin doors.
- When the bus arrives, remain in line with your bike. Luggage and bikes will be loaded before the passengers board the bus.
- Load your bike as compactly as possible into the baggage bin. You may need to quick-release your front wheel.
- Once your bike is loaded, return to your place in line to board the bus.
Secure Bike-n-Ride Shelters
Bike-n-Ride shelters provide long-term, secure and weather-protected bicycle storage for commuters making connections to and from transit. Commuters can combine a bus trip and bike ride by keeping a bike in the shelter overnight or during the day and biking the first or final mile to or from a transit stop.
Rent a Bike Locker
Are you a bus or light rail passenger who needs regular secure storage for your bike? Then rent one of our bike lockers located at most Park-n-Rides and stations. Each locker holds one bike and all your bike gear.
First-Time Bike Locker Renters
Each bike locker is $60 for a one-year lease along with a refundable padlock deposit of $50 for a total of $110. You must provide payment and a completed lease agreement form (found below) that can be mailed to: 世界杯比赛买球 Bike Locker – 1660 Blake St, Denver, CO 80202 or delivered in person at Denver Airport Station, Downtown Boulder Station, Civic Center Station, or Denver Union Station.
Please contact the 世界杯比赛买球 Bicycle Locker Program at 303-299-6700 to determine bike locker availability before completing a new application.
Renewing Bike Locker Renters
Bike locker lease agreements must be renewed every 12 months. To renew a lease, download the bike locker lease agreement below and mail it along with the $60 lease renewal fee to: 世界杯比赛买球 Bike Locker – 1660 Blake St, Denver, CO 80202. Payment can also be made online and the lease renewal electronically signed and emailed to: [email protected].
If we do not have a renewal agreement on file by the 15th of the month following the expiration month, the padlock and any items found in the locker will be disposed of without further notice.
Bike Locker Information
To learn more about bike locker rentals please stop by Denver Airport Station, Downtown Boulder Station, Civic Center Station, or Denver Union Station, or just pick up the phone and give us a call.
Park Your Bike
For your convenience, we offer bike trees and racks at many Park-n-Rides and stations. To use the bike tree, lift your bike and place the rim of the front wheel over the black horizontal peg located on the top bar of the rack. The bike frame and both wheels can be locked to the rack.
Please note: do not leave bicycle locks attached to bike racks without a bicycle as they may be removed without notice.
Shared Dockless Bikes and Scooters
- All shared dockless bikes and scooters parked at 世界杯比赛买球 stations or on 世界杯比赛买球 property must be placed in an upright position and adjacent to existing bike parking racks.
- Parked shared dockless bikes and scooters must not impede pedestrian flow and must not block ADA ramps. There must be at least three (3) feet of sidewalk clearance to allow for the passage of mobility devices such as wheelchairs.
- Shared dockless bikes and scooters are not permitted onboard any 世界杯比赛买球 transit vehicle.
- Shared dockless bikes and scooters are not permitted to be ridden in transit vehicle lanes, transit platform areas, or the 16th Street Mall. Riders must dismount when entering these areas.
- If any problems should arise with your shared dockless bike or scooter, please contact the company you are renting the device from directly.
- 世界杯比赛买球 has added stenciled parking areas to many of its stations. Please park shared dockless bikes and scooters in these areas when they are available.
Safety Starts With You
- Use hand signals to inform drivers and pedestrians of your movements.
- Ride at a 90-degree angle when crossing train tracks.
- Buses have blind spots. If you can’t see the driver, the driver can’t see you.
- Always walk your bike through stations and on train platforms.
- Never pass a bus on the right as they frequently pull over to pick up passengers.
- Dismount your bike and wait for gates arms to fully rise before crossing train tracks.