Central Rail Line and Central Rail Line Extension is the L Line
The 5.3-mile L Line opened in 1994 and is Denver's first rail line between I-25 & Broadway Station and the 30th & Downing Station. L Line trains loop into the downtown area every 15 to 30 minutes.
Additionally, the future L Line Extension would connect the existing downtown rail service to the A Line from the 30th & Downing Station to the 38th & Blake Station.
How much does it cost?
Travel on the L Line will be Local Fare ($3.00 / $1.50* discounted / $0.90**) between the 18th & Stout Station and the 30th & Downing Station. Travel beyond the L Line will require either Regional fare ($5.25) or Airport fare ($10.50) depending on your destination. Discount fares apply for those who are eligible.
* Discount fares apply to seniors 65+, individuals with disabilities, and Medicare recipients.
** Youth discount fares apply to youth ages 6-19 (up to three children ages 5 and younger ride free with a fare-paying adult).
*** LiVE fares apply to those enrolled in LiVE. Available fare products: MyRide mobile barcode, MyRide card, LiVE Mobile Tickets (3-Hour Pass, Day Pass, or 10-Ride Ticket Pack), paper LiVE 10-Ride Ticket Books.
**** MyRide cards are not accepted on the FlexRide service.
Buy Tickets and Day Passes
You can buy 3-Hour Passes and Day Passes using cash, credit or debit at the ticket vending machines located at any 世界杯比赛买球 rail station, or on the 世界杯比赛买球 Mobile Tickets app. The Regional Day Pass is the same price ($10.50) as an Airport Day Pass and grants unlimited travel on any 世界杯比赛买球 service for the remainder of the service day. The Local Day Pass grants unlimited travel on the L Line for the remainder of the service day. Local Day Pass ticket books may be purchased at any 世界杯比赛买球 Sales Outlet.
Take unlimited rides all month with 世界杯比赛买球's Monthly Pass. Travel to the Airport is included in the Regional/Airport Monthly Pass. Monthly Passes may be purchased at any 世界杯比赛买球 sales outlet, online, on the 世界杯比赛买球 Mobile Tickets app, or at participating King Soopers and Safeway stores.
5 a.m. - 8 p.m., Monday - FridayService every 15 minutes during peak hours
8 p.m. - 12 a.m., Monday - FridayService every 30 minutes
8 a.m. - 8 p.m., weekendsService every 15 minutes during peak hours
6 a.m. - 8 a.m. & 8 p.m. - 12 a.m., weekendsService every 30 minutes
Rail Fare Zone Map
The 世界杯比赛买球 rail system is divided into four fare zones: A, B, C, and Airport. Rail fares are based on how many fare zones you travel in during your 3-hour trip. Travel in one or two zones is a Local fare, travel in three zones is a Regional fare, and any trip originating or ending in the Airport zone is an Airport fare.
The Future of the L Line
New Rail in New Neighborhoods with the L Line Extension
The Central Rail Extension would connect existing downtown rail service with the 38th & Blake Station on the A Line. The L Line would provide rail service between downtown Denver and the 38th & Blake Station, and act as a “loop” around downtown. The extension will require new track.
Sign up for Email Updates
- 世界杯比赛买球 Board of Directors adopted the EE for the Central Rail Extension
- The Central Rail Extension underwent further analysis, including a study to identify the most feasible transit route and operating plan to provide a direct connection between 38th & Blake and downtown Denver.
- The Central Rail Extension Mobility Study is complete and provided several options for considerations. Once final funding is identified, final design and construction will begin. In the meantime, basic engineering design started is expected to be 30% complete in 2015.
- Basic engineering was completed. Once final funding is identified, final design and construction on the L Line extension will begin.
- The L Line Downtown Loop opened January 14, 2018. The Welton Street segment will operate as the L Line as proposed in the Central Rail Extension Mobility Study.